Friday, May 24, 2013

Day Three or Four: Weight Unknown

Okay.. yesterday was full of excuses. I was seriously tired... and every muscle in my body screamed when I moved even the slightest millimeter. So I took a day off....

BUT today is a new day!! I did sleep in just a little because I worked late last night (kids being stupid which I attributed to the full moon and that the last day of school is today). I got my butt out of bed and jogged around the block. Well, halfway around the block until the allergies kicked in and I was a snotty, wheezy mess. So I speed walked the other half and sucked down my inhaler while croaking in my driveway. Overall, very proud of myself. I could've turned my alarm off and went back to sleep, but I didn't!!!

I'm also being very rambunctious and agreed to do the Color Run tomorrow with one of my BFFs that I haven't seen in FOREVER! Her running partner dropped out (yes, that's you Chadley) I warned her that I definitely can not run a 5K and I'm still fat. But reading the description of the color run, it says it's an "un-timed race for every person, no matter shape, size, or athletic ability. It's the happiest 5K on earth!"  So Kristin's been warned... this fatty may walk the most of it with sporatic bursts of jogging. It's okay if she wants to leave me to run like a gazelle, I'm used to it. (Pointedly looking at Brian Shapiro and Kevin Arkfeld remembering the Glow Run)  I've also carried a 20 lb 8 month old five kilometers so got my upper body workout that time.
... but I've got really awesome socks to wear for this one. I'll post pics afterward.

I've also got to buy a new scale. Maddux (our 16 month old) has somehow dismantled the bottom side of it. Since I fished two of the "feet" out of his mouth, I wondered if the baby slobber shorted out the weighing capacity. OR it was my miraculous sudden gigantic weight loss that caused the screen to read "ERROR" :)   I know, you're right... it's the baby slobber. But a girl can hope, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment